Edmund Cotter - Media Manager
- BCAD 2017, Double Major – Sound Production/English, CSU
Edmund is the Media Manager for DJ Central Records | DJ Central TV, and leads a small team of four people. He handles various tasks for DJ Central, Blue Pie, Metal Central, and other related companies, mostly in the form of social media strategy, planning, and execution. He also has written all the news articles, new releases, and newsletters for these websites since advancing to this role in January 2019, and believes in putting passion and creativity first.
Edmund studied at Charles Sturt University Wagga Wagga from 2013-2017, and has a Bachelor of Creative Arts and Design, with a double major in sound production and English. He has a particular fascination with creative writing. He enjoys electronic ambient music, drum and bass, and hip-hop.
Edmund started his role at the company as a volunteer intern, where he managed content and spent many hours reorganising disorderly song catalogues, and checking thousands of songs for their audio quality. From there, he advanced into a paid role, and used his organisational skills and attention to detail to keep an enormous database of music and artists orderly and under control. He later transitioned into his current role of media manager, and continues to use his organisational skills to the fullest.
Edmund is responsible for the company’s media including:
- Managing social media profiles and maintaining relationships with their respective fan bases through hundreds of one-on-one conversations
- Organising spread sheets of artist catalogues, tour dates, social media reach trends, and other complex data
- Putting his creative writing skills to work by writing and editing artist bios, new releases, technical manuals for new employees, and articles
- Planning with his team on how best to promote new music releases on social media
- Managing the promotion and social media of viral artists such as DL Down3r and building connections with them
- Catalogue organisation and uploading (per his previous role) when required
- And many other miscellaneous tasks
Edmund is a persistent worker and hates the disorder that arises from working under a flimsy plan. He is a creative thinker and enjoys keeping everything functional, neat, and orderly.
He believes that to think outside the box, one has to thoroughly understand the box inside and out, before one dares deconstruct it.